Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Anti Virus/Malware Program to Run while using MSE Vista for Max Protection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rickself

rickself

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Old Man here trying to stay alive...on my computer that is. Noticed Windows Install Running at Start Up and More times than before. Think i might got a bug. Had Trouble Before Using Various Anti Programs. Anything Recommended with or without Running Microsoft Security Essencials? I also had a Update Error Code: 80070663 that i could not fix while trying to use Windows Explorer. Could Not find the opa12.dat to be Changed to opa12old.dat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Welcome rickself.. Lets get some info first.

Was there more info after the error numbers that you can give us?

Were you trying to install todays updates?

MiniToolBox
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

>>>

ADW Cleaner

Please download  AdwCleaner  by Xplode onto your desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Search.
A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt as well.

Edited by boopme, 13 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rickself

rickself
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for the Help and Per Your instructions see Results mini toolbox 2-14-13. Attached File  Result 2-14 mini toolbox.txt   28.97KB   2 downloads

Attached Files

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hello looks like you attached Mini log twice.

Was there more info after the error numbers that you can give us?

Important Note: Your version of Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:and save it to your desktop.
  • Look for "Java Platform, Standard Edition".
  • Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • From the list, select your OS and Platform (32-bit or 64-bit).
    64-bit OS users, should read: Which Java download should I choose for my 64-bit Windows operating system?
  • If a download for an Offline Installation is available, it is recommended to choose that and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to StartBtn.gif > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all older versions of Java.
    • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
    • Click the Remove or Change/
    • Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u13-windows-i586.exe (or jre-7u13-windows-x64.exe for 64-bit) to install the newest version.
  • If using Windows 7 or Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
  • When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
  • If offered any unwanted software or toolbars during installation, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
  • The McAfee Security Scan Plus tool is installed by default unless you uncheck the McAfee installation box when updating Java.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications but it's not necessary.
To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it:
  • Go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
  • Click Ok and reboot your computer.
Similarly update Adobe Reader  to XI from X.
http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

Edited by boopme, 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users