Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop (Inspiron 1501) Won't Start Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nirrvana

Nirrvana

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yesterday, my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1501) messed up. The screen went blue, but not the blue screen with error report, it just went blue. 

Now, it won't start up. When I press the power button the CD Rom spins, but the monitor stays black. I don't hear the hard-drive spinning either. It's getting power, but won't start. Also, when I hit the power button it shuts down immediately, so I know windows isn't loading behind the black screen.

I tried a different power cord, I replaced the memory, I changed the processor, I switched hard-drives, and still nothing. I also took out the internal battery, to see if it would reset bios. I don't have another video card, but I would think windows would load behind the black screen if it was a video card issue.

Any idea on fixes for this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nirrvana

Nirrvana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Can a blown video card cause windows not to load?

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Yes a blown video card/chip will cause a pc not to boot.

When you turn it on do you hear any beeps? If not, remove the ram and try to boot it and see if it will beep then. This will tell you one of two things. Either the ram is bad, or if there are no beeps without the ram, it may be a motherboard problem.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 Nirrvana

Nirrvana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

There's no beeps when I take the ram out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users