Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't save my Server Access Credentials!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robert KS

Robert KS

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm not sure if this belongs under "Windows 7" or "Networking," but since the only aspect that has changed is Windows 7, I'll post this here....

I just bought a new laptop at work - a Lenovo T430 with Windows 7. This is replacing my older Dell laptop than ran Windows XP. We have a company server and I configured my new computer the same way I did the old Dell so that I could access our network printer and server.

The printers work fine, however I have one problem accessing our server. When I access the server, after my computer has been turned off, it again asks me for my user name and password. Once I enter those, my server access is just fine.....I can go in and out of the server at will until I power down my computer. At that point if I turn the computer back on, it will again prompt me for my user name and credentials. I click on the "remember by credentials" box and that doesn't help.

I went into the Credentials Manager and tried entering my information under a generic credential for the server and that didn't make any difference either.

This is more of an annoyance than anything else, but it would be nice to not be annoyed with my new laptop and have it operate in the same way as the old Dell did in this regard. (In the Dell with WIndows XP, I was never asked for my server access name and password after I first configfured it.)

I figure that this has got to be some weird Windows 7 thing, and I am hoping that i just need to turn off or turn on a box somewhere to get Win 7 to remember my credentials!

Any direction or help would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users