Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascipt Assignments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 altair05

altair05

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

So, I just recently finished Javascript on codeacademy.com. Since it won't lead me anywhere if I don't practice and build on what I have learned, does anyone have sites where I can find assignements or problems to solve. I tried google, and didn't get any thing that would help. One site came up with Java coding from MIT, but I'm rusty on Java and I'd like to focus on Javascript.

On second thought does bleeping computer have a forum/thread for this that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JosiahK

JosiahK

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

My suggestion is that you simply look for practical real world tasks and write the code to solve them. A few things that come up very commonly in web development are:

Form verification (Is that an email? Is that a phone number? Is that password suitably complex? Et cetera)

Showing or hiding elements (Click the "more" button, hovering over drop down menus, etc)

Photo slideshows.

Games (Whatever you like. These have the potential to be quite large projects.)

Quod non mortiferum, fortiorem me facit.
I don't read minds. Please help everyone by answering any questions and reporting on the results of any instructions. Query any concerns and explain problems or complications.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

There are a few threads on this already. A program does not have to do anything exciting. It can simply be an exercise. For example, when I am working on a large project, I will break down the project into smaller tasks. Then I will write a sample program to handle one of the smaller tasks. Sometimes the exercise takes 5 minutes, sometimes it takes 5 hours, and sometimes it takes 5 days.

If you plug 'programming problems' into your favorite search engine, you should find thousands of examples. The language you use to solve the problems is largeley irrelevant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users