Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

avgui.exe being downloaded?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joebsts

joebsts

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I have AVG Free 2013, which needed to be updated (i've since done this) and when closing Google Chrome, I got the message that avgui.exe was being downloaded. I did a little research, and most places seem to say it has to do with registry errors, but AVG had never done anything like that. Does anyone have any possible reasons for this? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hi -

The process known as AVG User Interface belongs to software AVG Internet Security by AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o (www.freeavg.com).

It is a Verisign signed file. The file is certified by a trustworthy company.
File avgui.exe is not a Windows core file. The process can be uninstalled in the Control Panel.

NOTE : avgui.exe is able to record inputs.
Therefore the technical security rating is 10% dangerous.
In the event of any problems with avgui.exe, you may want to do the following:
Uninstall the associated program Go - Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs (Programs and Features in Vista and Windows7) > Delete > AVG 2013 or AVG 2011

If this is bothering you, then you can replace AVG free with any of these Free Antivirus programs > >
Microsoft Security Essentials (what I currently use)
Avira AntiVir
avast!

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users