Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OUTLOOK 2007 / 2010 academic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike RD

Mike RD

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi to all and greetings from downunder

I am slowly building up a stockpile of new released MS software and with the task near complete, I've been searching for a reasonably priced copy of Outlook 2007 or 2010.

As luck would have it, I've been given a legal copy of both Outlook 2007 and 2010 (both have installs available) but they're  academic versions and courtesy of my employment, I don't fit the criteria as laid down by Microsoft.

I've read a LOT of conflicting comments regarding my entitlements to use the software.  Some say it's OK given I won't be using Outlook commercially and as I understand it, when registering the product in Australia, I'm not required to enter any details specific to universities, tertiary institutions etc etc. 

Would someone please give me some guidance as to whether my assumptions from what I've read are correct ?  That is, can I use either of these Outlooks without any concerns I'm in breach of the EULAs?

Kind Regards and thanks

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

<<I don't fit the criteria as laid down by Microsoft.>>

OK, that seems to be your anxwer...regarding the legality, EULA, etc.

You did not need this forum/topic for that :).

If you insist on having someone tell you it's alright...I suggest contacting a responsible representative of Microsoft.  It's their product, their EULA...their terms of use.

Louis

#3 Mike RD

Mike RD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I insisted on nothing ... just some advice ..... thanks for the petty finger wagging lecture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users