Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Primo PDF

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hi,

I download this PDF software from filehippo (http://www.filehippo.com/download_primopdf/)

Windows defender Was update to date when I installed it on Win 8 o/s but when I tried to install the software in Windows 7 Microsoft Security Essentials Alerted it as a medium level adware W32/Candy and I asked MSE to remove it for the time So, Is the Software safe or is it harmful

the thing I dont understand is Windows Defender(Win 8) and MSE(Win 7) are the same then why does one flag it as adware??

I`m currently running Win defender for Win 8 is it sufficient is their any registry change that will allow me to right click and scan files

context menu option not present

Edited by midou1994, 12 February 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Midou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brawdy14

Brawdy14

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hi,

I download this PDF software from filehippo (http://www.filehippo.com/download_primopdf/)

Windows defender Was update to date when I installed it on Win 8 o/s but when I tried to install the software in Windows 7 Microsoft Security Essentials Alerted it as a medium level adware W32/Candy and I asked MSE to remove it for the time So, Is the Software safe or is it harmful

the thing I dont understand is Windows Defender(Win 8) and MSE(Win 7) are the same then why does one flag it as adware??

I`m currently running Win defender for Win 8 is it sufficient is their any registry change that will allow me to right click and scan files

context menu option not present

I don't believe they ARE one and the same, midou1994!

Others may think differently!  devil.gif

--

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

They are 2 different Malware programs.

Note: Win32/OpenCandy is a broad category that can include any potential adware program which may be bundled with certain third-party software installation programs. OpenCandy is a service used by software developers as a way to make money through adverisement. Some versions of this program may send user-specific information to a remote server without obtaining adequate user consent.

OpenCandy provides a plug-in that developers include in their software to earn money by showing recommendations for other software in their installers. Developers use this money to keep their software free and invest in further software development.

The installer uses the OpenCandy plug-in to present a software recommendation (such as the one below) during installation. You have complete control to accept the software recommendation by selecting either the “Install” or “Do not install” options on the software recommendation screen.

What is OpenCandy?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hi,Yes I did get an option to install Nitro pdf in Win 7 but no options were asked during the install in Win 8.

I guess its safe to restore the item Is Malware Bytes Free Compaitable with Win 8

Edited by midou1994, 13 February 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Midou

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Yes it is.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users