Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Plays The Audio But Not The Vedio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doctorreddy28

doctorreddy28

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:39 AM

hi,
i have a problem with my Windows media player.when i try to play a movie,i can hear the audio of the movie but cannot see the vedio of the same.At the bottom of the WMP where we usually see the "NOW PLAYING MOVIE" thing i contrarily see "NOW PLAYING SONG". can somebody kindly help? The movies i try to watch are in the WMV format itself.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

Set your file associations to assign WMV files to Windows Audio/Video player.

#3 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:28 PM

If Enthusiast's solution doesn't work, try right-clicking on a blank spot on your desktop and choose properties, settings, advanced, and select the Troubleshoot tab. Grab the slider bar on the hardware accelerator and turn it at least half-way down and if that doesn't work, turn it all the way down which is sliding it all the way to the left. See if that works.

JG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users