Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eBay images slow; believe a 'tracker' of some kind at work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ozseagull

ozseagull

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hi, people!

I have been trying to clear this problem for months now and am absolutely desperate.

Images either do not load at all, load very slowly, or very selectively, and not always. Occasionally all works fine for awhile but gets progressively worse.

Happens in IE as well as FF, but *only* eBay images are affected. Other trading sites and auction sites no problem; general surfing no problem - just eBay.

Suspect I may have piclked up a Trojan or Data Miner that is tracking my searches...??? Have also noticed that 'Saved searches' that should send daily emails are not working....but the site appears not to be a 'fake' - appears to be the genuine article (but how would I know??)

I have a Custom PC, Windows XP, Intel Core2 Quad, Firefox & IE

Have attempted to find malware with MBAM to no avail.

Have tried every other 'trick' available to improve eBay images. Have tried uninstalling Virus software. Checked for Add-on incompatabilities. Tweaked the registry via 'pipelining' and other similar tweaks to improve images downloads.

Emptied Temp folder; cache etc. No improvement. Defragged, decluttered, Disc Cleanup, the lot. No change.

Nothing I have done is working.

Have even tried logging in from a different computer and same problem is there, so assume it is 'linked' to my eBay ID somehow....

Can anyone suggest what else I could do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ozseagull

ozseagull
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

I am still waiting for someone to assist me with this issue.

Have been doing some reading on other forums and it might be I have some sort of 'Click-thru' issue.

The other issue that I didn't mention is that the pop-up ads don't work either, but I don't believe I have any ad-blocking software active - at least, not that I have installed..!

Can someone please help me.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users