Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

code 80090330

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krautdawg

krautdawg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I tried to install Fix it and it wont open, something about hardshell and then I get this code 80090330.

I called microsoft and they wanted $99.00 to fix ! I wish I had that money because I have no clue.

They suggested to create a different administratot because my original did not work with their suggestion RUN:CMD  SFC/SCANNOW....  It kept stopping with different messages: about original not found and insert disks that I never got for service pack 3.

Some said I might have corrupt files or registry issues ? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Well...you have provided a part of the story....but you seem to have left out the beginning and pertinent details re what led you to try to install Fixit, etc.

If you choose to provide such, it would probably help diagnose the resulting error message, Microsoft suggestions, etc. and define where the problems may lie.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .. follow the directions and post the link into your next post  Do not copy/paste the content of the link.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users