Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, Encrypt drive and computer won't fully boot; TrueCrypt experts check here!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vispgraddecola

vispgraddecola

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

There's a famous program called TrueCrypt that makes encryption discs.

I need support in assistance because my computer refuses to start Windows 8 after I used the -DISKCRYPTOR-
program (not TC).

I get the message "Insert bootable media and press key", even though I did set bios correctly and tried all bootable media like cd/usb etc.
Im sure that I didn't make any mistakes or hardware errors when I used Diskcryptor (did same routine on another comp and it works fine there).

I've also tried starting the drive separately in another computer with 3 different adapters, it won't recognize the drive itself (but finds other
drives).

Acer x3475 computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

sounds like the bootsector and loader didn't get written properly on that particular disk ... now you are looking at a situation of decrypting that drive from another machine using DiskCryptor installed on that machine OR making a live cd/usb (http://diskcryptor.net/wiki/LiveCD/en) and using that to decrypt the drive.

#3 vispgraddecola

vispgraddecola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Absolutely correct.

However, that drive won't start in other computers like I said in the post, as well as cd/usbs wont start either

#4 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

You have tried the DiskCryptor - Tools - Bootloader config  to make a bootable cd/usb and those will not boot from this Acer?  I wouldn't expect windows to recognize the partition on the encrypted drive but I would expect it to say that some kind of drive is there and then you would open up diskcryptor and mount the volume. What happens when you plug in with usb adapters (like does it ask to format the drive, or just nothing)? 

Edited by AngryRaisin, 11 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users