Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

While I don't claim to have the skills of any of the expert techs at Bleeping Computer, I have found that the infection reported from Combofix may have happened before the reported date of January 29th.

Working on a Windows 7 OS laptop (64 bit) and a Vista OS laptop (64 bit) and another Vista OS laptop (32bit) I have found the same infection on all 3 laptops recently, the only common denominator being running Combofix on all 3 systems with the resulted infection found by Eset Online Scanner "Win32/Toolbar.Widgi application". The number of instances report has been as low as 7 and as high as 11 with the reapeats of only the same infection reported.

The difference in the reported infection date was the Vista OS (64 bit) system which was run at least a month ago.
I could be wrong as to what infected it with the same reported infection on all 3 systems but that was the only program I can currently attribute it to.
If this is the wrong location to post this please (admins) move this to where it should be posted.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 05 March 2013 - 12:47 PM.
Moved to AV forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users