Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An even newer member!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madasahatter

madasahatter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 May 2004 - 05:00 AM

Hi there....just to say hello and glad to be with a nice group of people. I've been a newbie for the last three years and still don't know much. I would like to excelerate my learning and this looks like a good place to try! One thing I have learned is how to keep my computer 'clean' (I mean from spyware etc). I was finding it too expensive to keep getting the experts in to fix my mistakes, so I'm hoping to learn how to upgrade and maybe re-install the operating system if I need to. I use M.E by the way. I am intending to get a second computer soon with XP installed but am waiting till the 'new' version is out rather than just updating the old version. Thanks again for having me :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:58 AM

Welcome, welcome, mad. :trumpet: :inlove:

I've been a newbie for the last three years and still don't know much.

Hey, you've got more experience at being a newbie than I do. :flowers: But you can't have my title.

Let us know of any tutorials you would like to see.

I was finding it too expensive to keep getting the experts in to fix my mistakes

The thing about spyware is that it can usually be removed if you use the right tools and you are educated about it or can ask some one who is. Here in the states, most of the time when you take an infested PC to the shop, the technicians will just reformat--saving them time or because they don't know what else to do.

Hope you enjopy your stay here. :thumbsup:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users