Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8 error code 0x0000034 randomly popped up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geneiusxie

geneiusxie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hey guys,

A few months ago in November, I got a HP Pavillion desktop. I cloned the HDD to a 240gb SSD within a day or two of getting it. Then I wiped the original HDD and used the SSD as the boot drive. I also upgraded the PSU and GPU to an AMD 7770. Everything worked perfectly except when I tried to switch the SSD from IDE mode to AHCI mode and it didn't boot up. So I used the recovery partition to recover everything and decided to keep the SSD in IDE mode. Everything was wicked fast, even with a quad core i5 and the SSD was running much slower than it could have.

Well, fast forward to a few days ago when I get home and find my computer was turned off. When I turn it on, it showed a flashing orange light and made beeping noises. I tried searching through google, hp, nothing. Then I decided to unplug the power to the AMD GPU card and run it off of the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics. And then I saw the error:

windows 8 error code 0x0000034

I have no idea what happened. it was working perfectly before. Didn't do anything weird with the computer. Nada.

Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hi

A few questions smile.png

Is it "randomly popping up" while using the computer or does it not allow you to boot at all?

If it does not boot, how far does the boot process get before that error pops up?

Does it still make extra beeps when you turn it on?

Have you taken the video card out of it or did you just unplug the power from it? Try taking it completely out if you have not.

James

#3 geneiusxie

geneiusxie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi

A few questions smile.png

Is it "randomly popping up" while using the computer or does it not allow you to boot at all?

If it does not boot, how far does the boot process get before that error pops up?

Does it still make extra beeps when you turn it on?

Have you taken the video card out of it or did you just unplug the power from it? Try taking it completely out if you have not.

James

It never boots anymore.

Only the error shows up, and then it lets me go to the UEFI menu to try to diagnose the computer by pressing Esc.

Actually, it has stopped making those beeps. Now, it just goes directly to the error message.

I'll try taking the video card completely out and see what happens. 

Thanks.

-Gene

#4 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

If that does not work, can you tell us if the error gives any more information than...

windows 8 error code 0x0000034

The first problem (orange light and beeps) sounds like a hardware failure. Since unplugging the power to the video card got you further, that is why it seems like it may be the source of the problem. That second error (Windows 8 error) however, can be a problem with corruption or misconfiguration of the hard drive. It can also be a lot of other things which is why I'd like to know if the error gives any other information.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users