Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox won't load most websites and Kaspersky indicates corrupt databases (Windows XP)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kgtrojan

kgtrojan

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I am experiencing two issues which may be related:

1) Firefox won't load most websites:  Some sites such as Amazon and Yahoo load fine, but most other sites (eg. Reddit, Bleeping Computer) won't load with the tabs perpetually attempting to load.   No error message is received for the tabs with sites that do not load.  I reset Firefox and I also restarted Firefox with Add-on Disabled, and in both cases the same results occurred: most sites did not load and there were no error messages.   When I restarted my PC in Safe Mode, then the previously "unloadable" sites loaded successfully.  My Firefox version is 18.0.2.

2) Kaspersky indicates corrupt databases:  During the last few days Kaspersky updates would not complete.  Updates  "hang" at 88% or 92%.  I attempted to repair Kaspersky using Modify, Repair, Remove, but the updates still did not complete properly.  Yesterday, Kaspersky indicated that the databases are corrupted.  When I clicked on Fix It Now in Kaspersky, the update once again was unsuccessful and databases remained corrupted. I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.

I ran a Malwarebytes full scan in Safe Mode, and the scan results indicated no infected objects.

My PC is using Windows XP.

Hopefully, the above has enough information to start diagnosing the problem.  I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.  Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I guess kaspersky and firefox issue may be related.

Please Uninstall kaspersky,check your firefox and then reinstall it.

#3 kgtrojan

kgtrojan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I guess kaspersky and firefox issue may be related.

Please Uninstall kaspersky,check your firefox and then reinstall it.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I'll give that a try.

#4 kgtrojan

kgtrojan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

I uninstalled Kaspersky and Firefox started to load web pages successfully.  I am in the process of installing Kaspersky 2013 (I was using the 2010) version before).  I would like to keep the topic open until I complete the Kaspersky install (need to obtain activation codes) to see how Firefox functions with a fully installed Kaspersky 2013. 

Thank you for help with this.

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

We do not close the topics in this forum. welcome.gif

#6 kgtrojan

kgtrojan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I installed Kaspersky last night and everything appears to working fine.  Thanks again for your help on this.

#7 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

welcome.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users