Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

import address failure Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mbwellstx

mbwellstx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Here is the situation XP Home on both Stepmom's hard drive was failing and I had an unused Dell sitting around. So I connected the old drive as a secondary drive on the Dell so I could transfer all her user data to the new one. Now she had never exported anything for backup purposes. I was able to restore all her emails from the .dbx files. Then loaded OE on the new system, went to import the address book, navigated to the location on the old drive, and selected her.wab file. So after I did the window popped saying import was successful but when I looked for the address book listing there is nothing there. I know I selected the right .wab because the file size was triple the amount used by the default address book. I have tried to get her on a better email program like Thunderbird but is set on using OE.

Any help greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Not clear what you did...but the emails need to be imported...and the WAB needs to be imported as a separate item.

Note that you can find the location of stored emails by going to the Message store and noting the path.  This can be changed, if you like.

Louis

#3 mbwellstx

mbwellstx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I got all the emails imported okay problem is the .wab
whenever I go to import it there are no contacts listed
I know the file I am importing is the right one the file size is triple that of the standard OE .wab

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users