Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Studio 1747 with Win8 Got REALLY Slow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sinancem3

sinancem3

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have a Dell Studio 1747 which has:

4GB Ram

2x500GB Hard Disc space (1/4 is full right now)

Intel Core i7 Inside Q 720 @ 1.60 GHz 1.6 GHz (1.6 Ghz is writte twice in the My Computer Properties)

By the way this is a Laptop!

It is a 2-years old computer and started to get VERY slow while opening or while just being opened for a while.

When the PC is shutten down for a long time it freezes while booting so I turn-off it from the Turn-On button...

And when the PC restarts it is fine but after a while (sometimes a couple of minutes and sometimes an hour) it slows down and eventually freezes.

I have checked and fixed all problems with "RegCurePro" but the PC is still doing the same thing.

Now... I tried to open the inside... There were a couple of screws at the bottom, I just took them out and the fan wasn't there. There were 2 hard discs and a couple of thing I dont know. There was this thing saying "WLAN" on it and there was a thing with many small Memory Card looking things attached to a bigger platform...

There was another piece to come out and it was attached there very tightly. I unscrewed the other screws to open that part which surrounds the keyboard... Where the mousepad is at... But I didn't want to damage my PC because it wouldn't come out that easy. I just closed it... But I saw dust in there and I know that dust makes computers slow SO I took a vacuum cleaner (I know it is funny but I did) and I vacumed the dust out from the places where the fan would blow out the air AND I am not sure if it actually vacumed the dust... AND I am not sure it did a good job since the PC is still not fixed and has the same problem. I am not sure what to do...

I can give more specific information if anybody asks me to but please help me! Should I just give it to the DELL service to get them to clean it? Or is it not the dust?

Edited by sinancem3, 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hello,

Can you recall when it started to become sluggish? Such as after installing a program? When was the last time you scanned for malware and with what did you scan with? 

Please do the following: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 sinancem3

sinancem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Nope... My computer had a similar problem with Windows 7. I forgot my computer open (it had an update error when I said: Update and Shutdown there would be 1 update never ending so I didnt realize that and left it open) at night and when I came back it could only boot in safemode or would Show a blackscreen... It came from repair a month ago and It then had a bluescreen error which Avira Antivirus was causing... You can find that topic. It was named something like "BAD_POOL_HEADER Bluescreen Error" I am not sure what the name was but it had that badpoolheader thing in it. Anyways after deleting Avira the computer used to work just fine. I downloaded some games like Skyrim and ACIII but I don't think they have an effect on this problem... Today I unscrewed more into my computer and I just saw but couldn't manage to reach the motherboard... But there was a thin layer of pure dust on it. I couldn't clean it because like I said some screws and that board (which is on top of the board) wouldn't come out... I can put its pictures if needed. I also installed Microsoft Visual Basic C# and .NET and Microsoft SQL Server but I don't think those again have any effect on this problem. Like I said on the first post I only use 1/4 of the space so I dont think the problem is that too... Something with the processor OR that dust business... I am not sure if this topic is on the right topic though... I don't know :I

#4 sinancem3

sinancem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Also when I open the PC after like an hour it will reload and will freeze but when I actually boot it like 5 times it starts to work normally. And another hour being shut-down or turned-on it MIGHT just start to do it... Its just complicated and annoying! Please I need help!

#5 sinancem3

sinancem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

And today I reached the fan and the motherboard AND I totally *bleeped* the computer so I just hate myself and this freaking computer I guess I will just dump it in the trash after usng it for a while... Well actually its in usable shape... I cleaned the fan and there were really a lot amount of dust in there but now the computer keyboard has lifted and isn't just in place and the frame is abir *bleep*ed up... I shouln't have done this -.- actually the problem is at the cables inside I just tried to make them nicely fit in the places for them but NOPE they wouldn't go in there properly so I just did my best and now the cables lift the keyboard up and stuff... And there are a couple of extra screws left after trying to  put everything up... FML -.-

#6 LeeFs

LeeFs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Grab HDTune and do a SMART test on the hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users