Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Integrated or Dedicated graphics!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pedros1880

Pedros1880

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I am so gutted. I bought a HP G5225UK desk top system 2nd hand and the integrated graphics were working fine(although the guy i bought it from had to wiggle the VGA cable to get a picture when i first picked it up). I set it up and all was well.A week passed and   i decided to put a dedicated card in to play better games. The day i came to do that i switched it on and there was no picture displayed on the screen. I tried a few different VGA cables but no joy. I saw that the power light switches onand  it sounds like the hardrive is going but the screen says no signal detected check your cables and power supply. I have looked at the motherboard and can't see any signs that the VGA slot is damaged??Although the way it was intermittent when i picked it up makes me think it was faulty.  So i ordered a 2nd hand Dedicated card (Radeon HD6570 2GB DDR3) It arrived this morning but without  an installation disc. So i put it in the motherboard and again there is nothing the same on screen message on my smart tv (no signal detected). I have tried the HDMI slot and VGA. I have also tried different monitors. I am using Windows 8. My issues are these:

1. I cannot enter the bios menu because i can't see any images, does anyone have a answer?

2. Do I actually need an installation disc or should the board pickthe dedicated graphics up automatically? 

3. Does my issue indicate a problem with my motherboard?

4. If it is a problem with the motherboard can you recommend a good replacement board?

Here are my system specifications

Dell G5225UK

M2N68-LA (Narra6) motherboard      AMD Athlon II X4 635

6GB Ram         Integrated nVidia GeForce 6150SE (doesn't have a HDMI slot just the VGA)  Computer case Mid Size ATX

Any assistance will be enormously appreciated. At the moment it is little more than junk!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Have you tried removing the dedicated card to see if this resolves the problem?

There are two things that I would suggest that you do, first find out if this card is compatible with your operating system, second would be to download the driver for this card at the manufacturer's website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Pedros1880

Pedros1880
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Hi Dc3

Right here goes. The dedicated card is compatible. So I downloaded the relevant drivers from the link to AMD and copied them to a disk and tried to boot from that. However it still won't work :( The power comes on and I hear 1 short beep which from my research suggests the motherboard might be ok?? What do you think? I notice that when i turn the power on the HDD light flashes on for a millisecond but then goes off and i don't see it working again but i canhear the fan and even the optical drive. So I am now wondering if its the hardrive that has the fault but there again surely something would have appeared on my monitor? I am pulling my remaining hair out!

The card is a Radeon HD6570 DDR3 2GB.

#4 Pedros1880

Pedros1880
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Oh and I did remove the card. Its been in and out like you wouldn't believe. Cheers

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,589 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Oh and I did remove the card. Its been in and out like you wouldn't believe. Cheers

This means that integrated graphics didn't work?

One of the things that first stuck me was the fact that the seller had to wiggle the VGA connection to get the graphics to work.  Was this connection at the monitor or the computer?

We can narrow down this problem by trying your monitor on another computer, or another monitor on your computer.  I'm guessing that the VGA cables you tried were known to be working?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 spiraling

spiraling

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

When you install a new GPU on a computer that has an integrated one you usually have to designate from the mobo that you'd be using the external one. Depending on the model sometimes you'd have to do that before you pop in the card. Might want to look at your bios manual regarding this issue. 

Wiggling the VGA cable might mean that you had a bad cable. Is there DVI available on the built-in card and the monitor just to test it that route with a different cable? Try different monitor / cables as well.

In some cases the bios might need to be reset in case the installation failed - from what I vaguely remember I might've had that happen on a few models. There is usually a jumper somewhere around the bios chip which usually has two position, changing position and starting that way flashed the bios to factory and then going back to the original position some systems have powered on without a problem.  

#7 Pedros1880

Pedros1880
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hi

Well the problem is now confirmed. The CPU was fryed. The heatsink compound was set. I didn't want to risk the mobo so have ordered a replacement for both. The chip is quicker an AMDa8-5600K running at 3.6Ghz so it should pretty much fly for what i want. I should have it running tomorrow. Thats Ebay for you! Cheers.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,589 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Best of luck!thumbup2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users