Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble writing to NAS over network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 curiositykat

curiositykat

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I've recently setup an Iomega storecenter ix2-dl on my network. I can access the NAS just fine over the network and through the software on the computer. The issue only happens when I try to copy files from my laptop to the NAS. It will transfer the first 20MB or so then however it stops and my laptop falls off the wireless network. I can reconnect just fine but it happens again and again, but only when I try writing to the NAS. I'm not sure if the issue is with the NAS or the router/modem any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running windows 7 home premium 64-bit. The router is a Actiontec q1000. I'm not very familiar with networks but I've gone over the fairly large manual for the NAS. The NAS says it is running properly, and is connected online and to my network, port forwarding was setup, and my laptop is listed as a trusted device. So I'm a bit stumped as to where the problem is.

Many Thanks for any help.

CuriosityKat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dirtdog900

dirtdog900

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Can you copy the same data over the wireless network to another device other than the NAS (need to try and narrow down where the problem lies)? Also, I'm assuming the NAS is wired rather than a wireless connection?

I'm not familiar with that brand of router but have you checked for any firmware updates etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users