Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full version of Windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Airacai

Airacai

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

After a ton of problems (pretty much all on my part) with the Windows 8 demo on my desktop, and a fully working demo on my laptop (hooray!) I've decided to break down and buy Windows 8. The problem is, my aforementioned problems on my desktop completely corrupted my OS. I had a friend confirm that if I buy windows 8 with the disc and put this into my desktop, it will install on my computer. The only problem is that I can't find a single place in the Microsoft store where to buy a full version of Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro. The only things I see are downloads/CD's of a Windows 8 Upgrade, and while I see  a full version on newegg, I'd rather get the software straight from Microsoft. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/ThemeID.27509700/Windows-8-Pro/productID.266514600

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Airacai

Airacai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/ThemeID.27509700/Windows-8-Pro/productID.266514600

Firstly, thanks for the response. I see this links to the Windows 8 Pro, but I see the word "Upgrade" under it. Plus, on the right, it says "To install Windows 8 Pro upgrade, customers must be running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. If you would like to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro, click here."  I don't know if, with all the problems my desktop is having, this is still applicable, since it seems like my desktop lost its windows 7 OS, and has a corrupted version of win8.

Edit: Just got off the phone with MIcrosoft support, and they say they do not sell a full version of Windows 8. I started looking around and found this:    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832416550    Would this work, or is that risky, since it's on Newegg and not the Microsoft store?

Edited by Airacai, 10 February 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#4 mikeybikes

mikeybikes

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

The one from newegg will be fine. Newegg is a perfectly legitimate store.

#5 charlesDean

charlesDean

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Hello,

I prefer newegg it better than Pro version. Windows 8 full version can remove all issues completly.

#6 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

www.tigerdirect.com is another good source (took over for CompUSA)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4864603&CatId=306

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users