Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have the Google Redirect Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Engeddie

Engeddie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hello, and thank you for your time!!!

My mother seems to have picked up the google redirect virus this morning, and I have been trying to fix it.

Firstly, she uses windows security essentials, which will not run or open currently.

I did a full scan with SUPERANTISPYWARE, but that didn't fix it for long....like, a few searches on google.

Then I tried using Spyhunter 4, but found out I have to pay to use it.

I need help to get this off, in a way that is not too high-tech, and also free. AND, it's hard to use the search to find help and download things, since I just keep getting redirected to random sites.

Anyone have directions???

SORRY...I realized this was in the wrong section....so I posedt it there as well. Feel free to delete this, thank you.

Edited by Engeddie, 09 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hello,

You are already being helped here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484788/i-think-i-have-the-google-redirect-virus/

Please follow that topic. I'm closing this topic to avoid confusion.

Everyone else, please begin a new topic.

Thank you,

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users