Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Request

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mechanoid2k

Mechanoid2k

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hello All.

I am running a stock HP xw9400 workstation with xp professional and service pack 3.

There is something i noticed on this computer, A while back i reinstalled drivers for my sound card, after the uninstall and before the reinstall I noticed that sounds being played on the computer were coming from a small internal speaker. After reinstalling my drivers my sound was coming out of my normal speakers but no longer out of the internal speaker.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to make it so that the internal speaker works along with my Altec Lansing speakers to make a sort of "Surround sound" effect as there are speakers on my moniter and when i have them on i like the increase in sound.

Thanks for any and all help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thats odd, normally the internal speaker is reserved for system sounds (like boot up, memory errors, overheating, etc) the fact it was working as a speaker for your normal stuff is an oddity to me. I would imagine, if it were possible to tie it in with your normal settings, then there would be either an option in the BIOS, or within the sound settings of your computer, if its not there I would imagine it cant be done.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users