Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my bank claims my computer has Zeus zbot or similar type of spy/malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quo

quo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hi All,

My bank sent me a SMS TXT msg informing me that my online account (with debit feature) has been compromised. The bank arranged to send me a new card which I've since received. After activating it and changing PIN#, said bank emailed me saying I may have a malware of some sort likely Zeus or some type of ZBot and so my online access is disabled until I've sorted it.

For the past two weeks I have downloaded, installed, run, and subsequently uninstalled almost a dozen malware and rogue application detecting programs - taking up many hours into the early morning :(

I even uninstalled Kaspersky to allow AVG, to no avail, and now I can't get Kaspersky back!

The bank sent me a PayPass w. chip card and I'm now thinking it was all a stunt by the bank to hook me onto their new PayPass with debit card feature seeing as the flyer insisted I press "credit" on my "debit" savings account.

Even tried running some rogue software/misleading application stuff, again, to no avail.

What can I do to remove any sort of malware from my PC. Wanna keep my PC and bank accounts but am entirely willing to give up both for the sake of personal security.

Suggestions?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

We need to have a deeper look

Read the guide here on preparing logs