Don't know if it is malware or a virus/trojan. But something has hijacked one of my email accounts and silently send out spam. I know this for a few of reasons:
1. I am receiving a lot of bounced emails of spam I never sent.
2. I confirmed with my webhost that my email account has been compromised.
3. I verified by changing my password on my hosting account and it stopped.
4. I then put my password in my email client and it started again.
5. I removed that email account from my email client and it stopped again.
6. None of the rest of my email accounts are affected.
malwarebytes, prevx, avg can't find anything
This just started yesterday. I haven't installed any new software, ( at least not any that I can remember)in a week or so. XAMPP apache server was the last thing I installed, ( it think)
The computer is only a month old.
This is frustrating.
Thanks for any help.