Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 melissa5244

melissa5244

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

Down where my McFee symbol is at the bottom of my screen i keep getting a popup that states Trojan Found but when I run a scan it dont find it but it continues to pop up and it is actually located at System32\1024\ I have deleted this file over and over and it keeps comming back after the 1024 the number change over and over. I have ran it in safe mode and deleted it and it still does the same thing FakeAlert-B when i try to do a delete, clean or quarantine it wont let me and says make sure that its not write protected. So I am pretty sure that I have something just dont know how to get rid of it or detect it with my scan, I dont understand when im not scanning my computer it comes up but when i run a scan it dont find it. Im confused

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

You should try to boot into safe mode by hitting the F8 key on your keyboard during boot up and choosing "Safe Mode" from the list of choices that will present itself.

Then run your Anti-Virus software in safe mode and see if you have better luck with this little bugger. Report back.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 melissa5244

melissa5244
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:53 PM

I have tried doing it in safe mode and it still comes up I dont know what else to try.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

I would recommend following the Preparation Guide to posting a High Jack This log. You may not need to actually post a log, however. If you follow the instuctions in the Prepatory Guide faithfully then this little bugger ought to be removed. However, rarely is a computer infected with only one thing.

If after completing all of the steps in the Preparation Guide you continue to have issues, post a HJT log as instructed in the Preparation Guide.

PREPARATION GUIDE

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:52 AM

Run the following web based trojan scans:

Sygate Trojanscan
http://scan.sygatetech.com/pretrojanscan.html

Windows Security Trojanscan
http://windowsecurity.com/trojanscan