Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Stick Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cookie_1984

cookie_1984

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Recently my laptop crashed and I backed up all my files, photos and videos onto a usb as it was the easiest option I had. Recently I went on holidays and transferred all of those photos over to the usb aswell. I went to have a look at the photos on the usb last night to see all files and folders have had their names changed to random mixes of letters and symbols. When I try to open a folder or file it tells me the name, directory or label syntex is not correct or that I just dont have access to these files. The USB was only a 32Gb, yet when checking the properties of some of these files they state that the file size is 111Gb and last updated on the 7 August 2038. Is there any way I can get access to my files again. Most were pics and vids of my children and I really need them. But I will never be backing up my files to a USB ever again!

Thank you so much any suggestion or help will be appreciated 110%

:D

cookie_1984

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users