Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was it alright If I hit the one key system restore?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 voidwalker

voidwalker

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

My computer has recently been attacked by a neverending cycle of IRP rootkit hooks and I got blue screens when trying to get rid of them. Was it okay for me on my lenovo b570 to use the one key system restore option?

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2013 - 06:37 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT051302

I don't think that will resolve any system problems...but I've been wrong before.

It would help if you would provide some detail about exactly what you did...and how your system responds subsequent to your actions.

Louis

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

You have created a topic for the same issue.Please follow the suggestions given in the topic.It can be easily fixed.This rootkit may survive one key restore.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

voidwalker, your other topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484415/irp-rootkit-will-not-remove/

Are both topics about the same computer?

If yes, please keep all discussion in one topic. This makes it easier for us to help you and for you to do what needs to be done.

For now, I am closing this topic. If it does concern a different system please use the Report button in your first post and request that it be opened up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users