Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot up time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RcC

RcC

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I use SOLUTO to monitor my Windows 7 boot time. For the longest time the 'system' was booting in around 35 seconds according to SOLUTO. Now it is up 146 seconds. What could be causing this slower boot time? Nothing out of the ordinary has been added to the computer so I am a bit confused by this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

there could be plenty of reasons out there for a slower startup.  Most of the time, in my experience, it's software.  Every program you add to a computer has an effect on it... and many programs are setup to load(at least partially) at startup.  The more things you add over time, the greater the chance of things slowing down.
First thing you should do is figure out what is actually loading at startup.  You can run msconfig and look at the startup tab and see what's running at startup.  CCleaner has a tool where you can see, enable/disable and remove startup entries, as do other programs out there. 
That's where I'd start... with startup.  :)
Just googled Soluto, looks like it should have a list of your startup entries there as well.  Be careful what you go unchecking, but take a look and just see what is loading.

#3 RcC

RcC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Thanks millipede. I will check what is starting up and get rid of the extra stuff I am sure of and see if I can speed things up a bit. I do have SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes starting and I think I can turn them off and start them as needed or after the machine is up and running. Thanks again. If I have issues I'll be back.... with questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users