Hello MrVulcan and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I see no anti-virus program and no firewall running on this machine. Let's get those installed and let them scan for problems first.
You should definitely have a good antivirus to stop infections before they can start and spread. Here are 3 free anti-virus programs that are available for personal use (I use each of these on various machines and they are all good):
You should also have a good firewall for blocking unwanted access to and from your computer. These also are free for personal use:
It is best to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.
Once an anti-virus program is installed make sure that it is updated and then do a full system scan.
Let's also do an Ewido scan.
Download and install the trial version of the ewido security suite
. Update the program and then close it. Do not run it yet.Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.
- Press the Enter key.
and do the following:
- Click on the Scanner button.
- Click on the Complete System Scan.
- If anything is found you will be prompted to clean the first infected file found. Choose Clean and put a checkmark in the checkbox for Perform action on all infections and click the Ok button to continue the scan.
- When the scan is complete close ewido and reboot the computer normally.
Post the anti-viruslog, the Ewido log and a new HijackThis log back here using the Add Reply
button and I will review the information when it comes in.