Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Battery Causing Startup Problems w/Laptop?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Katrinka1954

Katrinka1954

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Bought a new laptop battery (Anker 90HPG62-B88A) for my husband's HP G72 notebook.  Followed all instructions regarding charging new battery and it's been working great for 2-3 weeks now.  Today laptop would not boot up.  Only went to HP screen and stayed there.  I googled some stuff on my kindle and it said something about BIOS and removing battery and doing start up with power cord.  So I removed the Anker battery, plugged in the power cord, and all has been well since then.  I put the old battery back in (only 25% charging capacity, but it will hold for about 1/2 hour) and still all is well.

Do you think there's a problem with the new battery?  Never had any trouble like this before this time.  Thanks for your help.

Oh, I should add that I have rebooted the computer with the old battery in, no power cord, several times, and it works just fine.

Edited by Katrinka1954, 07 February 2013 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Anker® New Ultra High Capacity Laptop Battery [12-cell / 8800mAh] for HP G42 G62
Check to see if you got a warranty with the battery. Most give 12 months -

If so ; take it back -

Edited by noknojon, 07 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#3 Katrinka1954

Katrinka1954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

noknojon, after examining the link for the battery you recommended it appears identical to the one I had ordered.  I was finally able to find a compatible battery on the hp store website and purchased it.  That website doesn't make it easy.  Anyway, I've had this battery in for about a week now and seems okay.  Not as much charge on it, though.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users