Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John from Ohio

John from Ohio

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

When I play Windows media player my visual comes up and plays but I have no sound. My sound is working as when windows Xp opens I hear the welcome sound. In addition when I try to view JPEG son Microsoft Office Inbox I get a message that is no program associated with it.
Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

John,
Do you have the volume turned up in the Windows Media Player? That might be the answer to your problem. If the volume in WMP is turned down, but the rest are turned up, you will not hear sound. Let us know.

--Jesse
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

Jesse

I have just downloaded the WMP 10 and was surprised I could see a post on this straightaway!

I have a similar problem as John. I am 'sure' my volume is turned up as I have accessed the WMP 10 video tutorials which play and sound excellent. But inserting a regular music CD into my CD-Rom gives no sound therefore ripping or burning these gives no result.

The samples of music in my play list play OK too.

Hope you or others can advise on this.

Edited by zzzz, 03 April 2006 - 10:30 AM.

#4 John from Ohio

John from Ohio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:45 AM

I have sound but not through media player. The error message comes up "Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the player.

#5 sooclan

sooclan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:47 PM

I have sound but not through media player. The error message comes up "Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the player.

OOPS

Edited by sooclan, 22 April 2006 - 05:55 PM.

#6 sooclan

sooclan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

go to Tools>Options>Devices in your media player dbl click on speakers. Now check what audio device is set to use. sometimes this changes when u install a program. make sure this is set to your active sound device. this may be AC97 if u have on board sound on your motherboard or if u have a sound card set it to that I think that should work for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users