Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone experiencing very slow MBAM definition updates?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

MBAM updates are generally VERY fast--less than 6 or 7 seconds, tonight took about 6-7 minutes.

Edited by Union_Thug, 06 February 2013 - 10:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Just updated and took about 4 seconds...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm not. Never had any issues. Although I've had the pro version for over 3 years. WOW it's really been that long. :P

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hi mate -
No problems here in Aussie - Your system has most likely frozen with all the snow and ice over there :whistle:

I think it is just you server connection - If not, then do a clean install > > See below -
Visit the FAQ @ MBAM forum - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&view=findpost&p=49525
ISSUE: After purchasing, when I enter my ID and Key, I am told that my ID and Key are invalid. <<Ignore this bit >>
SOLUTION: Follow these procedures as outlined below.

•Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

•It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

•After the computer restarts, Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (B.C link)
Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent
Launch the program and set the Protection and activation. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications

Regards -

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

After experiencing the same behavior about 2 hrs after my first post I tried clearing my browser cache & ran ipconfig /flushdns/release/renew then retried updating MBAM--all is back to normal...It was likely as John suggests, a server connection problem.

Thanks to all who responded! :)

PS: Hello my friend John, nice to 'see" you...No snow & ice here :cold:...yet... we're expecting a storm in about 36 hrs or so (it's 2:25 AM Thursday here right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users