Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paul21

Paul21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi everyone, I'm trying to help someone who has been trying to log onto their Facebook account since Saturday. I've cleared their browser history, downloaded Firefox to try another browser besides IE, have flushed their DNS cache in CMD, have cleared their browser cache, have updated their security software (found one trojan and cleaned it- Win32.downloader.com), have downloaded Spybot and run this, have downloaded Malwarebytes and run this, have run a House call from Trend Micro, have checked their admin tools services to see what services are running, have updated stuff like adobe flash player, have re-booted, and have also disconnected the power from their modem and router and pluged it in and re-booted again, and nothing is working. She still cannot connect to Facebook on her computer network but I logged on to her Facebook account from another location with no trouble. Does anyone know of any malware or viruses that would do this? Could it be the firewall on her router? I can't log onto the router because someone set up the router password years ago so I'm afraid to re-set it in case they lose their network settings. Does anyone know of a virus or malware that would allow you to use the internet with no problems except for Facebook? I've never run into a problem like this before so I would really appreciate hearing back from any of you and any suggestions that you have.

Edited by hamluis, 07 February 2013 - 04:53 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi -

Sorry if I missed it but can you please list these details >

Any and all Anyivirus program(s) installed, any and all Firewall(s) installed, Computer Make and Model, Operating System -

Next -

Simple method for Disk Check -
Run a Disk Check on your C: drive (Main Drive) in Windows:
•Click Start and open Computer
•Right-click on C: (or your main hard drive letter) and select Properties
•Click on the Tools tab
•Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
•Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
•Click on the Start button
•When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and >> Restart << your computer
•Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so

Your computer will seem as if it is in "Safe Mode" during this check. This is normal -
This will take (on average) from 1 to 2 hours, depending on your system, to complete the 5 stages - Please let it finish all stages -
Once finished, it will reboot your system back to Normal Mode -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users