Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Generic31.APJE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 phob

phob

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hi, AVG is suddenly picking up this trojan - no idea where it arrived from suddenly. Pops up constantly, and web is very slow, with a couple crashes, network locking up first. Superantispyware and malwarebytes anti-malware both ineffective. I found an online guide to remove the trojan - http://blog.teesupport.com/remove-trojan-horse-generic31-apje-virus-step-by-step/ , but none of the files it mentioned were there. I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop.

Based on a similar topic I found (which I didn't want to gatecrash) I've scanned with TDSS killer, aswMBR, and am just running ESET online scanner. Can post results if that's the right thing.

Any help hugely appreciated! Many thanks,

Pete

PS apologies - I posted this in the wrong forum originally. sorry. newbie here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

What files and in what location were found by AVG?
I've seen quite a few false positives from AVG lately.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 phob

phob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well, maybe that was it. After running ESET overnight (which picked up one tiny piece of adware), everything's been fine today. Complete AVG scan was clean, and there's nothing in the event log. Completely unusuable yesterday, but no sign at all today. Thanks for the reassurance! And hopefully it'll turn out to be the same for other posters. I'll post back if it turns up again. Thanks.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users