Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this Shellshocker deal worth it? SSD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cctaylor88

cctaylor88

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Im really looking to purchase an SSD and doing a clean install of Windows 7 onto it, for speed obviously but I don't know the first thing about what's good and what's not. Thanks
What do you guys think about this SSD? What am I looking for when SSD shopping as well, for speed reliability etc etc.

OCZ Vertex 4 Seems like a fair price..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

FWIW: http://www.storagereview.com/ocz_vertex_4_ssd_review

Same item available at Amazon for same price, Tiger Direct sold out inventory.

Drive debuted about a year ago, price is good for 128GB SSD, IMO.

I know of no evidence indicating that one brand...is superior to another. I prefer Corsair SSDs only because my first one impressed me and I see no reason to try other brands.

The size (128GB) is about right for a system reflecting a dual-boot and using the Windows partitions to install programs.

There is little point in storing data files on an SSD, IMO...the benefit occurs with the O/S and its operationsal speed.

Louis

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Go to the page you linked and look at the User reviews. Especially click on the One Egg and two Egg and even the three Egg reviews and You will see many reports of early death.

I Love my SSD drives. They aren't OCZ however. I went with a brand known for reliability, Knock wood, and not for being the fastest..

Samsung and Intel brands are rated Good.
As Louis said Corsair seem to be good too.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users