Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Connection issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fonebone77

fonebone77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

We are having an issue with some of the computers on our network with Internet Explorer affecting both XP and WIN 7 machines with both IE8 and and IE9. The affected machine will load internet explore, and most of the time will load whatever the home page is. When you attempt to go to another website it will act like it is loading indefinitely. Occasionally an affected system will successfully get to another website, but only if it loads immediately. Once the hang up occurs it does not resolve. IE does not appear to lock up as you can still stop the load, retry, change the address, close out of IE etc. We have already run combofix on a few machines (I did notice that was not reccomended and will refrain from using it further) and this seems to fix it temporarily. Some of the machines have started exhibiting the behavior again a few hours later. We have Kaspersky Endpoint 8 as our virus software and I have run a full scan on a few of the machines and had no hits. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 06 February 2013 - 07:10 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

FWIW: If running ComboFix overcame your problem...that's a malware situation on your network.

It's not a Web Browsing/Email problem...and you need to treat it for what it is, not what you would like to believe it is.

I'm going to move your topic to our Am I Infected forum where you can receive better guidance than I can provide :).

Louis

#3 fonebone77

fonebone77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

This actually turned out to be a result of the bad update by Kaspersky which I am sure most people have read about at this point.  Combofix "appeared" to fix the problem because we were disabling Kaspersky to run combofix.  Thanks for moving the post to the appropriate forum hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users