My name is etavares and I will be helping you with this log.
Here are some guidelines to ensure we are able to get your machine back under your control.
- Please do not run any unsupervised scans, fixes, etc. We can work against each other and end up in a worse place.
- Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so. Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
- Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned. Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
- Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
- When in doubt, please stop and ask first. There's no harm in asking questions!
- Step 1
I don't see it in your startup folder which is how this virus loads. I also see that you were able to run the scan in normal mode? When does it pop up? Did you use another account to run this scan?
Two Antiviruses Warning
I do not recommend that you have more
than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms
". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms
: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems
: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Therefore please go to add/remove in the control panel and remove either Microsoft Security Essentials
or AVG Free 2013
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
On the Scanner tab:
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2
If you have a 64-bit system, please download the 64 bit version from here:
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
- Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
- A blank Windows shall open with the title "SystemLook v1.0-by Jpshortstuff".
- Copy and Paste the content of the following codebox into the main textfield under "File":
- Please Confirm everything is copied and Pasted as I have provided above
- Click the Look button to start the scan.
- When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan.
- Please post this log in your next reply.
2nd Note: The scan may take a while from several seconds to a minute or more depending on the number of files you have and how fast your computer can perform the task
Edited by etavares, 08 February 2013 - 09:24 AM.