Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No Signal Input" message box

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 harkcomp

harkcomp

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 pentium 4 which is running Windows XP Professional.

Just recently when I do my computer start up, the very first thing that pops up on the screen is a red, blue, and green striped rectangular shaped box that reads "NO SIGNAL INPUT". After this box floats around a black screen for about 30 seconds it suddenly goes away and up pops my desk top. And from there on everything functions perfectly.

My computer started showing this message about a month ago and I'm puzzled as to what is going on and how can I make it go away.

Thanks for your advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Check your connections from the computer to the monitor.

Try using the monitor on another computer. If it doesn't work the monitor is bad. If it does work you graphics card is bad, in your case the graphics is integrated. The good news is that if the graphics has failed you have a PCI slot in which you can install a dedicated graphics card.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 harkcomp

harkcomp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Check your connections from the computer to the monitor.

Try using the monitor on another computer. If it doesn't work the monitor is bad. If it does work you graphics card is bad, in your case the graphics is integrated. The good news is that if the graphics has failed you have a PCI slot in which you can install a dedicated graphics card.

Thanks for your response!

At the moment it's no big deal that I have this 30 second delay in getting to my desk top, but if it is the graphics card that is going bad will it just continue to get worse and worse over time until all I ever see is this "No Signal Input " sign that never goes away?  

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

If it is the GPU it could fail at any time.

Did you try my suggestions in my last post?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 harkcomp

harkcomp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

If it is the GPU it could fail at any time.

Did you try my suggestions in my last post?

No.....I haven't had a chance to try your suggestion yet. Been way too busy with other things at the moment.
When I get a chance I will throw the monitor in my car and take it to my brothers house and test it.

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users