Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netscape 7.2 Email Disappeared

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bintyre

bintyre

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

After cleaning a couple viruses, trojans and worms off my friend's computer, all his email had disappeared in one of this email accounts. The other was fine. Is there a trick to get it back? I vaguely remember something about deleting .snm files. Would appreciate suggestions. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

See if these articles help solve your problem:
http://www.pchell.com/support/missingfolders.shtml
or:
http://w3.pppl.gov/~hammett/comp/netscape-mail/inbox.html:

"If messenger does not find the SNM file, it will parse the Inbox, and create a new SNM file based on what it finds in the Inbox. Deleting the SNM file when Netscape is not running and letting it create a new one when started will solve the problem if the problem was the SNM file. If the problem is in the Inbox itself, then deleting the SNM file may not fix the problem."

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bintyre

bintyre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

I tried deleted the SNM files but Netscape didn't recreate them. All of the personal folders he created were gone, and yet the data is still in the profile when I searched in Windows Explorer. So how do I get Netscape to recover the folders??? Can I delete the account and recreate it without losing the info in the profile folder??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users