Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrong and Then Really Wrong...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

When I first heard this on the radio this mornin, i said HUH?? SAY WHAT??.....

Now Dollar Generals aren't big stores, you mean to tell me that a mother DOESN'T know the sound of her own childs cry???!!

Where was this mother??

What on Earth possessed this employee to think she had the right??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Yes this child was bein a miserable Lil Monster, no doubt about it!! BUT like i said theres wrong and then there's REALY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/dollar-store-employee-emilia-bell-beats-customers-8-year-old-son-video

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yep,way wrong!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Imo they both have mental issues .. i wouldn't expect an 8 yr old to throw cookies especially at a complete stranger ! And I certainly wouldn't expect beating up a child just for throwing coolies... And he was only 8 !

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Mom should get slapped with a negligence charge for not keeping the child under control and putting him at risk in the first place. And the clerk should get the full wrath of the law for the aggravated assault charge. I smell lawsuit..........

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I cannot begin to count the number of times I've been in a store and almost been mowed down by kids running through the store. The worst are those kids with retractable roller shoes. One of them actually did run into the cart I was pushing. It knocked the cart right back into me. He then looked at me like it was my fault after he rolled around the corner of the aisle. Like the kids running through the store Mama and/or Daddy was no where around. As he rolled away I said in a very loud voice "Kids today have no respect. No I'm sorry or excuse me from the twerp".

While the clerk should have been "hands off" the mother was also at fault for allowing the kid to run through the store. If he's like that in a store I have to wonder if the kid is like that at home and at school.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Sometimes kids get away from parents. I understand that. But responsible parents, look for their kids when they realize they got away, and like has been stated, dollar generals a small store. If it had been my kid, that employee wouldnt of been able to land smack 3 or 4, and there would likely be two of us in jail right now. I agree with parents spanking kids, but it being their kids, and done in love and discipline. This, was a complete stranger doing it, and 26 times isnt discipline! that flat out abuse.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

@Animal why should it be the mother's responsibility ?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

As a juvenile which the child obviously is, a parent is responsible for the child's welfare at all times. Unless in the care and control of authorized adults. Such as during school. If you are negligent and the child becomes hurt or worse the parent is held responsible.

If you own a dog and the dog bites someone who's responsible? The owner. If a child injures someone or another child who's responsible, the parent. Likewise the parent is responsible for command and control of the child.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#9 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Only if the child is below 10 !

Animal, where are you from ?

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm from where we don't use the letter U in the word color. Here the age is either 16 for some but generally 18, anything younger and you are considered a minor and your parents are responsible for your welfare and actions. I address the issue with those ages because that is the age factors in where this specific incident happened.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#11 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Here in the UK a child above the age of 10 is responsible for their crimes.

Don't you think the age 16 is too high ? I mean most people between ages 10-16 understand the difference between right and wrong...

#12 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ohhh right Animal !
Where did it happen ?

Edited by DigitalFamilyMember, 07 February 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#13 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm in agreement with  Queen Evie,boopme,the Patroit.& animal !!

This mother wasn't being a mother at all!! and like The Patroit, i would have lost my mind temporaily and kicked the cornflakes outta that store clerk before i knw what i was doin, i would have had me a brand new pair of shiny braclets on my wrists!!!

My kids knew how to behave at home or out in public, I always knew exactly where they were at all times..and GOD help anybody that tries to hurt them!

and like Animal, I smell lawsuit as well...

we've all seen kids that behave like this and the parents are always clueless....

BUT by NO strech of the imagination does this give a store clerk the right to BEAT a child EVER!!

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#14 DigitalFamilyMember

DigitalFamilyMember

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, if the mother had brought the child up well in the first place none of this crap would hapen.

However how di we know the mother did not bring the child up well ? what if the child thenselves were stubborn ? i hate it when parents are an automatic blame for their child's behaviour though !

#15 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

DigitalFamilyMember,

Because if she and the childs father had, this wouldn't be an issue, the child would know what was expected of him and irreguardless of that the mother nad his sister were in the store...dollars General stores ar very small stores, now then,his mother had no idea that he was being harmed.....Really????Seriously????....

This Child was being BEAT WITH A BELT, not just once but 26 times....this child was screaming his head off, callin for his momma....apparently "Momma didn't reconize the sound of her own childs cries......you ever been beat with a belt DigitalFamilyMember?????... this child was screaming in pain!!..cries like that are unmistakable!!

So I'd say this time, the blame is being layed exactly where it belongs.....

yes this child was bein a miserable little monster, BUT no way , no how should this have ever happened

and knowing that her son has a penchant for unruley behavior doesn't excuse her in actions!!

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users