Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD caused by ataport.SYS plz help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 halosom

halosom

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi again bleeping computers, last time I was here for different cause for my BSOD I was able to get help from here and it fixed that for a while. This BSOD is caused by ataport.SYS, the first time it blue screen and I found the cause of with command prompt then I used google to find out if there where other cases like mine and I found a bunch and there was solution to it. The solution had me find my Windows OS cd and put that in my CD-Rom drive and restart my computer and make sure to do a 1 time boot from cd, so I did that and then I was to do a system repair and everything seemed in order. Everything looked good well that was 2 to 3 weeks ago, then when I woke up today my computer had blue screened on me again, so I then again used Command Prompt to check what was the cause this time and it turns out it's still the ataport.SYS so any help on fixing this completely without having to do a complete reformat as I haven't gotten around to making backups for my files and what not, it's more of last resort for me to do. Hopefully I don't have to do that. Let me know what you guys need in terms of info about this problem of mine

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 halosom

halosom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

bump for help

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Finally...let's try the following.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users