Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APJE trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twinx86

twinx86

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hi. New here.
Woke up this morning to check bank. Laptop was fine last night, no issues. all of a sudden, AVG is screeching at me every 5 minutes about this file thats appeared. "TROJANHOSE GENERIC31 APJE" is what keeps showing.
I have searched the computer based on what the scan showed and found the nasty little file. Cant delete it, edit it, remove it, uninstall it or anything.
( file path is c:\ProgramData\BrowserManager\2.6.1123.78\{16cdff19-861d-48e3-a751-d99a27784753}\uninstall.exe)

Obviously, I googled it immediately to discover its a nasty piece of work, was redirected to TEE Support, who wanted me to pay to have it removed by them. warning signs in my eyes so I said no, googled again and cam across you guys.

All I can think is that this thing has come from the "update" the laptop asked me to do last night. but I trusted it as it came out of the hidden icons tray, like a fool.
any help greatly appreciated as I have no clue what to do, and its my husbands laptop thats caught it!
Many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Browser manager is nasty piece of software.

Download

adware cleaner

Launch it click on Delete

A log should be generated after scan ,post it here

Download

Junkware removal tool

For vista and windows 7 right click on the tool and select run as administrator

After scan gets completed,post the generated log here.

Download

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

Run it and after scan finishes,post the contents of RKILL log located on the desktop here

Download

Autoruns

Extract and launch autoruns.exe

Allow the scan to get finished

Now click on FILE-SAVE

Filename:Autoruns.txt
Save as :Text

Paste the contents of text here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users