Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Pc Issues - I Video'd It, Windows Gets Demented

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 denihilation

denihilation

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:30 AM

no idea whats happening but once every 3-4 times i switch on my new PC this happens.

please Check out this video i made:
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JTP6CF...G53OFKOS52O7RCA

The seller (yes eBay i wont make that mistake again!) says it may be a RAM issue, do you agree? If so what do i need to know, if anything, when buying replacement RAM? seller will exchange it but i will want to buy new to save time. thanks for any help this is killing me!!!

Edited by denihilation, 31 March 2006 - 10:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

I like the video! I can't wait for the sequel!

This could be caused by a number of things. Did it ever work right before? Or was it like this 'right out of the box'?

If you care to test the memory:

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86

If there are two pieces of RAM you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any.

What are the specs on this computer, especially as it concernes the video card and amount of RAM.

Are you able to boot into safe mode with no issues by hitting F8 upon booting and choosing "Safe Mode" from the list of choices that presents itself?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users