Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP computer shut down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 car 54

car 54

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

hello, i have a HP pavilion 05 5.1- 2600 build, when i push the start button on the front of the case,the 3 cooling fans come on for two seconds,then a green light on the back of the case goes out and the fans stop,then i hold the start button in for about 15 seconds and the green light on the back comes on again.i push start and the same thing happens again.

NOW this is where it gets weird,i can set a small floor heater next to the computer, with the side panel off so heat can get into the computer,with the inside of the computer around 95 to 100 degrees the computer will work just fine as long as the heat is on,if you take the heat away,it shuts itself down in less than a minute.

can anyone help me? i would apreciate any advice ideals or comments, thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

A bit weird...for sure. Suggest you post your topic here...Internal Hardware

The only thing I can think of is somewhere there is a loose electrical connection that is expanding
just enough to complete the connection. But post in the internal hardware forum as someone
might just of run into this problem before or can help you trouble shoot it.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I know some xbox360 and a few laptops that had solder issues that wouldn't work until the system heated up enough to allow the solder to flow and reconnect broken pin connections. Either way doing this CAN'T be good for the system and will eventually fry something past the point of fixing.

If the power supply is good and always turning on then maybe a broken solder point on the MB?

#4 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

thank you zen seeker and buddy 215,

i will try posting in internal hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users