Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Putty: Software caused abort

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm not very good at these things but I set up an SSH server on my home computer and connect to it through putty, it seems to run fine but sometimes I have problems with the error "software cause connection abort" coming up a lot. As soon as I get it I can reconnect again but its very annoying. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Home computer is windows vista, client is windows 8. It seems to happen no matter what I do but more often when the tunnel is being used. Only software open when it last happened was a poker client.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Does your SSH connection crash or the whole computer?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users