Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Adapter Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Legendaryjonny

Legendaryjonny

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

i have a D'link Wireless N 150 PCI Adapter and i'm running windows 7 32bit.

i had no problem installing the device originally, i just used the included disc and it was fine for a long time. but suddenly it stopped connecting to anything.

when i open the device manager, it is listed under Network Adapters as "802.11n Wireless LAN Card" but has a yellow "!" over the thumbnail. when i open the properties of the adapter it gives me a message under Device Status:
"This device is not working Properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

I have tried updating the driver both automatic and manually, from the disc and from the d'link website. i have tried completely uninstalling and starting over and nothing makes any difference. it all brings me to the same result, windows cannot load the drivers. i have searched all over and cant seem to find a solution for this network adapter yet but i'm hoping one of you can.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Hi jonny
Please try removing the usb wifi adapter first along with the driver installed. Run system file checker http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 then go back to device manager and uninstall all usb host controllers. Restart computer and they will be reinstalled. Install the USB adapter's latest driver and if successful, insert the wifi adapter.

Tekken

#3 Legendaryjonny

Legendaryjonny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

It's not a USB adapter, it's installed in my pci slot on my desktop. Will that make a difference?

It's not a USB adapter, it's installed in my pci slot on my desktop. Will that make a difference?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Sorry my mistake. Just remove the driver completely and then run system file checker then reinstall the PCI adapter's driver.

Tekken

#5 Legendaryjonny

Legendaryjonny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

okay ill give it a try thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users