Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSSE can't remove Java Trojans & Exploits

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trashywoman

trashywoman

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I uninstalled AVG and installed MSSE last night and ran a full scan of my computer. It scanned a external hard drive (J) that I have connected but don't use anymore because it is full. MSSE found several items in the J drive but when I tried to remove them as instructed it said it could not remove them because their was not enough room on the drive. Here is the list of detected items:
Trojan:Java/Selace.D
Trojan:Java/Selace.E
TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.W
Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353
Trojan:Java/Bytverify
Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840
Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-3867
Exploit:Java/CVE-2012-0507

I have not tried to access the directory of the J drive. I don't know how. I now have Carbonite online backup for all my pictures but would like to view what is on the external harddrive to make sure I have everything on Carbonite before just deleting everything on the external harddrive.

I have not tried to do anything else since I tried to remove these. The only information I can find about these items is on Microsoft's webpages so don't know if they are really a problem. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hello trashywoman,probably some protected malware on here. So we need to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users