Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP W1907 - 1440x900 not available

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jcourtney86

jcourtney86

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Products:

HP Pavilion a6655f Desktop PC

HP W1907 19-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor

Problem: I'm unable to set the native resolution of my monitor to 1440x900. The monitor tries to auto adjust to that resolution, but it always gets set to a non-standard widescreen resolution, which results in poor blurry image.

In the display settings it doesn't list 1440x900 as an option, not even if I go into advance and tell it to list all unsupported.

I've tried numerious Nvidia driver updates and downloading the latest w1907 monitor driver and I'm still not able to set it to the native resolution.

Before going to Windows 7, I even did a factory restore from the recovery drive to stock factory Vista and it still did the same thing even straight from the factory reset.

Is the monitor defective? I hooked another 27 inch monitor up to it and it works fine and shows 1440x900 in the list, but it's almost like the EDID is messed up on the 1907.

Any ideas on what else I can try? I'm concerned by the fact that it was messed up like this even right after the Factory restore.

Edited by jcourtney86, 03 February 2013 - 10:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi jcourtney and Welcome to BC forums. smile.gif
Have you tried the original Nvidia Windows 7 driver from HP?

Edited by Grinler, 05 November 2015 - 01:40 PM.

Tekken

#3 jcourtney86

jcourtney86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hi jcourtney and Welcome to BC forums. :)
Have you tried the original Nvidia Windows 7 driver from HP?

Tried the original, some in-between, and the latest. Even tried older nForce chipset drivers. It literally lists every resolution under the sun except 1440x900 the native.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hello -
The Factory Specs for your HP w1907 19 inch LCD Monitor. In Control Panel, what are the options under Display Settings ??
Please list the given settings for us -

If it is not performing to these given settings, and a borrowed screen is, then your screen may be faulty.

Thank You -

#5 jcourtney86

jcourtney86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hello -
The Factory Specs for your HP w1907 19 inch LCD Monitor. In Control Panel, what are the options under Display Settings ??
Please list the given settings for us -

If it is not performing to these given settings, and a borrowed screen is, then your screen may be faulty.

Thank You -

I've got every resolution listed under Display settings expect the one I need. 1440x900.

Edited by jcourtney86, 04 February 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi -
Do you have a setting in Control Panel that lists anything like "90% / 100% /120%" or similar to that ??
Also do you have any type of "Screen Menu" at all -
I have 4 buttons on the bottom of the screen ( plus the On / Off button ) that will display a menu for the settings, as well as the ones in Control Panel.
Sometimes these can be on the side of the screen, as I did not fully read your specs that I linked above -

Thank You -
EDIT - Solve a problem is listed on the Right side of the link I posted -

Edited by noknojon, 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#7 jcourtney86

jcourtney86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi -
Do you have a setting in Control Panel that lists anything like "90% / 100% /120%" or similar to that ??
Also do you have any type of "Screen Menu" at all -
I have 4 buttons on the bottom of the screen ( plus the On / Off button ) that will display a menu for the settings, as well as the ones in Control Panel.
Sometimes these can be on the side of the screen, as I did not fully read your specs that I linked above -

Thank You -
EDIT - Solve a problem is listed on the Right side of the link I posted -

The monitor has an options menu and is set to auto-scale whatever resolution it's on. It tries to auto-adjust and says recommended resolution of 1440x900, but it the computer acts like it just doesn't exist or is already set or something.

Even listing all modes, the 1440x900 is just completely omitted from the list even after numerous graphic driver updates, chipset update, and latest monitor inf.

This isn't for Windows 7, but I don't know if it's related to my issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-46760-2

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Hi -
Many Vista and Windows7 issues are cross related in some areas, so the issue may also relate to your particular settings.
I would try it and see what happens (It can not hurt anything), you may just need to re-Update the drivers if anything -

Try the following steps:
1.On the monitor, press Menu, and select Factory Reset.
2.If the monitor has more than one type of connection available such as VGA, DVI, or HDMI, try a different type of connection.
3.Connect the monitor to another computer. If the line appears when the monitor is connected to the second computer, the monitor might be damaged or defective.

Thank You -
EDIT - Just click in the FAST REPLY box under each post unless you do need to Quote somebody
It just makes a bit easier to read ............ Thanks - B)

Edited by noknojon, 04 February 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

The desktop motherboard is an Asus M2N68-LA according to this link specification.I presume your running Windows 7 64 bit and the drivers you've tried for the desktop package driver for Nvidia chipset are here and the latest driver version supported products for the Nvidia card is here?

Tekken

#10 jcourtney86

jcourtney86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yep. Tried both those driver packages already.

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

If both the card and monitor supports the resolution then its either a driver or a hardware problem were looking at here. I have to lurk on some other possible solution...

Tekken

#12 jcourtney86

jcourtney86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

I'm starting to lean to toward the hardware side, after trying like 9 different drivers.

#13 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Please try running this...

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users