Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Driver IRQL not less or equal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ZapHex

ZapHex

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hey, I got this blue screen recently.

I have been upgrading my computer so the video card, ram and wireless adapter is new, but i installed the drivers that came with them, I was playing minecraft with all graphics set to low when this first occurred.

I can't tell you much about this computer atm because for what ever reason my computer doesn't recognize commands from my keyboard (usb) until windows is booted, which means i can't get into safe mode.

Okay, Here's what i have.

Power supply: Apevia Win-500XSPX 500watx12v / esp12v
Motherboard: MSI P6NG Neo
RAM: DDR2 5GB total, 2 sticks, (1GB Crucial, 4 GB Crucial)
Video Card: *Refurbished* HD5570 1GB DDR3

Sorry, i can't tell you how old the system of anything is since it was gifted to me around a month ago from a friend.
I recently installed the OS but since have lost the disk :/
I believe the original OS was windows xp.

Just bought the Video card and the 4GB stick like a week ago from newegg.com

I have since checked each stick in both of the two slots i have but that didn't improve my results at all.

If this is not enough info or you need any other info, please let me know.

Error: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
the stop code is STOP: 0x0000000A, (0x000000CC, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x8A89B9F3)

i think its a video card related issue, like i said i recently upgraded my video card but i installed the driver that came with it immediately, a couple days after i got my video card and ram it did this, the first restart i got logged on for a minute then the second one only got to the log on screen after that it wouldn't even go into windows, and now it doesn't trigger the screen to turn on what so ever,i tried my mother boards video and that didn't work either, if any one has any ideas whats wrong, Please help.

PS, i tried taking my main hard drive and putting it in a different computer to access the dump files but got another stop code "STOP: 0x0000007b (0x80786B50, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)" I'm less worried about that stop code but if you know how to fix that too, I'm all ears.

So any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by ZapHex, 03 February 2013 - 11:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Avalon60

Avalon60

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

For a start 5gb of ram on a 32bit system is wasted, as windows will only see just over 3gb.

As far as you stop error goes, download this program, install it and it will read the minidump file, and should point you in the right direction as to what the problem is.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Edited by Avalon60, 04 February 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hello ZapHex,

To start, I would remove a few variables.
  • Your motherboard only supports up to 4 GBs of memory.
    • Here is your motherboard manual.
  • Remove the new 4GB chip and leave the 1GB chip in. You know that chip worked before.
  • Remove the new graphics card and connect the the monitor to the onboard graphics adapter. Onboard graphics worked previously.
I see a few potential options:

Goal: Get the computer to start normally or at least into Safe Mode or another repair mode.

1.) It looks as if your motherboard's BIOS has USB Controller and USB Legacy Support enabled by default. Some USB keyboards have an F-Lock key (or something similar) that if pressed at boot time will activate the Function keys (F-keys).
  • If you don't see one, try Googling your keyboard manufacturer and look for documentation.
  • If <F8> were available to you at restart, you would have access to the Advanced Boot Options menu which includes "Last Known Good Configuration" and the various Safe Modes.
2.) If the USB keyboard truely doesn't work, then borrow a PS-2 keyboard. PS-2 keyboard will definitely work.

3.) Create a Windows 7 Repair Disk on another computer running the exact same Windows 7 version (Home Premium, Ultimate, etc, _x32-bit) as you.
  • You would need access to BIOS setup at boot by pressing the <del> key. Once in BIOS, change the boot order so the CD\DVDROM boots first (see manual).
    • Note: the <del> key on your USB keyboard may work even if the Function Keys do not.
  • If <del> key doesn't work on USB keyboard, you will need a PS-2 keyboard.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 ZapHex

ZapHex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yeah so you confirmed my suspicion that i needed a ps/2 keyboard since my mother board is older but, my first hurdle i need to get past before i can do any of that is that the monitor doesn't show anything for boot up, like everything is plugged in, i've tried using different monitors, my computer turns on and runs as if it's booting up, so even if i get the proper keyboard i can't see anything.

also, if i just upgrade my mother board and cpu would this potentially solve the issues I'm having?

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

the monitor doesn't show anything for boot up

Is the monitor black with onboard video as well as the new graphics card?

if i just upgrade my mother board and cpu would this potentially solve the issues I'm having?

You would need to do a clean install of Windows 7 if you added a new motherboard. You could not attach your present hard drive with it's Windows 7 installation and expect it to run on a new motherboard. It either wouldn't boot at all or it would blue screen due to multiple driver conflicts.

Regards,
Brooks

#6 ZapHex

ZapHex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yeah i tried the mother board video and my old on and those didn't improve my results either

#7 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Have you tried a different known working monitor or can you try your computer's monitor on another system to make sure that it still works. Monitors can go bad.

Regards,
Brooks

#8 ZapHex

ZapHex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I Just double checked, Cleared CMOS, checked with 2 monitors, VGA and DVI on my new old and motherboard video cards and nothing helped

Edited by ZapHex, 04 February 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#9 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Have you tried reseating the refurbished graphics card or even moving it to a different slot (if available)?

You know that the monitor and cable are OK and that both video outlets give no display signal. Either both graphics chips are bad or there is a problem with the motherboard.

Regards,
Brooks

#10 ZapHex

ZapHex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

That does seem like the most likely option in my opinion, it is an old mother board and no i can't check any other slots since there are none, i was planning on buying a new motherboard and cpu next but this is just a little too soon, well if that's what is is than i guess there is not much else to do, thanks for the help.

#11 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Good luck.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users