Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Computer Extremely Slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FiliusJohannis

FiliusJohannis

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Starting a couple weeks ago, my computer started bogging down most of the time. When this happens, the CPU usage is almost always at 100% according to the CPU monitor in the Task Manager. Sometimes it gets to the point where I can't even type a web address because I can only type one character every 3 or 4 seconds.

I have tried scanning for malware with Spybot. It found a few things but nothing that wasn't coded "green". I changed my antivirus software from MSE to Avast. No real difference. I even tried installing Linux (using the Windows install program), hoping that would at least give me faster Internet access. But that got bogged down pretty much the same as Windows does, so I'm assuming it's a hardware issue of some kind.

I have Windows 7 with SP1, 500GB hard drive, 2GB RAM. It's a home built computer so there's no brand or model number. I have an ECS 945P-A motherboard with a Celeron 3.3GHz CPU.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Download MiniToolBox and select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Download Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 FiliusJohannis

FiliusJohannis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

jhayz:

I will hold off on this for now since the problem seems like it might be resolved. I uninstalled some programs and disabled some startup programs, and now it's running normally. I'm not sure which program it was although I suspect it was some Creative sound drivers and/or related software.

If the problem comes back, then I will follow your instructions and report back.

Thanks much!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users